Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should forums only allow 13 up?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Should forums only allow 13 up? Empty Should forums only allow 13 up? Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Forbidden Words

Forbidden Words
Getting There

What do you think? Most forums have that rule? Is that fair on the kiddies?

I think that there should be a forum for everyone! One for kiddies, but this one, when you grow out of the age, you can stay, you can help out. What do you think?

http://www.animalcrossingclub.co.nr

2Should forums only allow 13 up? Empty Re: Should forums only allow 13 up? Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:47 pm

Lawson

Site Founder
Site Founder

I have worked with many administrator's that are success that are 13, not many though, but I am just a few year's old enough to become an administrator, I personally don't let my age bring me down, if he is a good administrator, show's he is capable of doing stuff and can make a community do a good run in it's future he has every right to be an admin, anyone has a right to become an admin just like we allow kids that are four play game's on the web.

You can now find this topic in Administration Debates.

http://adminsbox.co.cc

3Should forums only allow 13 up? Empty Re: Should forums only allow 13 up? Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Forbidden Words

Forbidden Words
Getting There

I mean, is it fair when they get found out on a forum then BAM, banned?

http://www.animalcrossingclub.co.nr

4Should forums only allow 13 up? Empty Re: Should forums only allow 13 up? Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:43 am

TayneC8

TayneC8
New to A-Box

Well depends, if the child is mature enough then yeah, if they are not then they shouldn't be allowed on. There should be an age limit for kids running forums though.

5Should forums only allow 13 up? Empty Re: Should forums only allow 13 up? Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:29 am

Macster

Macster
Administrator
Administrator

As long as their mom and dad says it's fine I don't see anything wrong with them running a forums. The terms of agreement when registering are there for this very reason. Anyone over the age doesn't need consent, but anyone under 13 needs a consent by an adult to visit most sites anyways.

I don't see anything wrong with them doing it, but atleast they should get the permission set in by the adult of the household.

Should they be banned because of their age? No.

6Should forums only allow 13 up? Empty Re: Should forums only allow 13 up? Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:17 am

Ashley

Ashley
New to A-Box

Hosts have this rule for a reason. There are a lot of adult sites out there, so some content might not be appropriate for someone who isn't exactly 13 yet. Same with any other kind of forum. I don't know what else to say, but I do think that's a very good rule. Heck, when I was 12 years old, I didn't even know what a forum was, yet, never mind a chatroom. But I honestly think that's a very good rule. For loads of reasons.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum