Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So why did they call it Private Message's?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lawson

Site Founder
Site Founder

This was a pretty active thread and probably would be a great debate!

So why was the reason that the first ever forum was to call a messaging service Private Message(PM for shortage), I have no right or wrong answer to this, but one reason I think that it is not exactly one of the greatest names, that admin's on most board's can view private messaging without right's as they are not dis-obeying any rule's, I would personally view message's if a member was getting threat's, sexual harrassment or abusive text thrown into their face.

So why did they really call it private messaging, was it just a quick thought up name, no other name would match it or the creator just not be bothered with his forum so just stumbled across another person's idea for PM's and use it, so go on and discuss?

http://adminsbox.co.cc

Macster

Macster
Administrator
Administrator

They probably called it that, simply because that's what it is. Private... lol. Nothing else but between a few certain individuals depending on who is to receive it. Now with the whole threats and what not, the person would have to take it upon themselves to do something about it and let an admin know. Send in the pms to him, so that he can take further actions.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]