Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do Social Networks?..

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do Social Networks?.. Empty Do Social Networks?.. Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:13 am

Lawson

Site Founder
Site Founder

So do social network's really help attract more member's?

My opinion, yes if you have some little hack's on gaining more member's on social networking site's such as Bebo, Twitter, Myspace and Zoint's. I think they will attract member's but the best of those member's will be what we call now-a-day's noob's or the formal word ''new member's'' so they will basically just spam about the place asking what does this do, how does it work and many more other basic guide question's. So I really do think I would rather 30 - 50 all active member's with more than 30 post's than having a community of 100 up to 500 inactive member's, and your forum looking like a ghost town with only tumbleweed blowing.

So do they really help?

http://adminsbox.co.cc

2Do Social Networks?.. Empty Re: Do Social Networks?.. Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:14 am

Macster

Macster
Administrator
Administrator

Social networks are different then websites, and blogs in certain ways. Social networks are beyond a forum aspect.

They get people together yes, and they wanna get more members, but it's usually word of mouth on how they get their name out there.

People get friends and families, and friends of their friends etc. So it's a bit more complicated then just starting a forums.

Yes they work, and the examples you have given are prime examples. None the sites you listed are ghost towns whatsoever lol.

3Do Social Networks?.. Empty Re: Do Social Networks?.. Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:53 pm

thedudeman

thedudeman
New to A-Box

I post links on my Facebook, and some of my friends have joined up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]